BCA – Passed 10+2 standard or its equivalent examination from any recognized board (must have Maths/Computer allied subject in 10+2 exam)
Intake – 60
The course aims at inculcating knowledge and wisdom in the domain of Computer Science and Applications to meet the growing demand of skilful technical persons for the Software Industry in the global perspective.
The aim of the curriculum is to develop skilled personnel in the areas of:
- Software Development: Computer Programming Languages like C, C++, Visual Basic, Java, C#, etc.
- Software Engineering: Project Planning, Verification and Validation, Software Quality Assurance, etc.
- Web based applications
- Computer Graphics
- Database Management Systems
- Data Communication and Computer Networks, etc.
An hundred percent placement rate till now and having vision to maintain the reputation. Our students are working in various I.T. Sectors like TCS, CTS, IBM, Wipro, Tech Mahindra etc.
. DEPARTMENTAL FACILITIES & LABORATORIES
VISVESVARAYA CENTRE FOR ADVANCED COMPUTER AIDED ENGINEERING DRAWING
P.C MAHALANABISH CENTRE FOR ADVANCED COMPUTING
RAMANUJAM CENTRE FOR BASIC COMPUTING
ACHIEVEMENTS (IF ANY)—
- a) Highly sophisticated state-of –the art infrastructure with over 350 computers and dedicated 24×7 internet connectivity.
- b) Conducting on line examinations for Campus Interview and other Professional Examinations
- c) Dedicated AUTOCAD and Hardware Networking Laboratory for the benefit of students of Kingston Polytechnic College
- OVERVIEW MENTIONING DURATION AND INTAKE-
a)The CST course is of 3 years duration covering 6 semesters as per the guidelines of West Bengal State Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development.
- b) The present intake capacity of CST department is :-60 per year
- FUTURE SCOPE OF STUDY IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Booming IT sector in India has plenty of jobs for fresh computer science graduates. Candidates from top engineering Universities and colleges Like JK Lakshmipat University get attractive job offers from MNC IT companies. A person having B.Tech in computer science & engineering or information technology can start his career as IT engineer. Career in IT is considered one of the most high-paying jobs and is full of opportunities; particularly when India’s prowess in information technology industry is recognized across the globe. Besides the Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance,etc.
When & How should start?
Engineering is the most hunted after class of 12th in india. Any student from 12th standard with mathematics is eligible to take admission in engineering. Diploma candidate can also take admission in B.Tech 2nd year as lateral entry. However, there is a rigorous selection procedure at place for computer engineers wherein admission to the B.E/ B.Tech courses is extremely competitive in most of the best universities in India. Students who are passionate about technology and machines can become an engineer by cracking one of the engineering entrance exams. The some significant engineering entrance exam in india are AIEEE, IIT-JEE, UPTU, RTU, JKLU-EET etc. Students may also go for M.E/ M. Tech in Computer Science for further specialization .
Designation in company:Software Developers, Hardware Engineers, System Designer, System Analyst, Networking Engineers, DBA, Software Testing, Security analyst etc.
Toshiba Corporation, Tech Mahindra, Apple Inc, Lenovo Group Limited, HCL, Wipro, CMC, CMS, L&T, TechMahindra etc.