The course aims at inculcating Management skills in the students. The curriculum is so designed that the students can develop basic business and management skills. The course prepares the students with the most updated business knowledge to meet the requirements of the ever-changing demands of the Corporate Sectors.
. DEPARTMENTAL FACILITIES & LABORATORIES
VISVESVARAYA CENTRE FOR ADVANCED COMPUTER AIDED ENGINEERING DRAWING
P.C MAHALANABISH CENTRE FOR ADVANCED COMPUTING
RAMANUJAM CENTRE FOR BASIC COMPUTING
1) SOVONESH PAL, MCA, MPhil Computer Sience, H.O.D CST, KPC
2) NIBEDITA KUNDU, BTech Computer Science, Lecturer, CST
3) ARVIN BERA, BTech Computer Science, Lecturer, CST
4) MOLAY KR GIRI, BTech Computer Science, Lecturer, CST
5) RONEETA PURKAYASTHA, BTech, MTech, Computer Science, Lecturer, CST
6) MANASHI DE, BTech, MTech, Computer Science, Lecturer, CST
CST FACULTY TEAM
MANASHI, RONEETA AND NIBEDITA MADAM
ARVIN AND MOLAY SIR
- TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
- a) Sri Arup Kumar Das, Diploma
- b) Sri Maheswar Das, Diploma Computer Science
- 5. PROJECTS-
1)Sovonesh pal– Comprehensive computerization of Kolkata Port trust
2) Manashi De- Revenue analysis of service providers of location management in pcs network using matlab
3) Manashi De- Quantum computing on java .
4) Manashi De-Online student registration system .
6) Arvin Bera-
- Online Counseling (2015 pass out)
- Online Exam (2015 pass out)
- Online project bidding system (2016 pass out)
- Student Attendance Management System (2017 pass out)
7.Molay Kumar Giri
- a) Online Shopping cart
- b) Online Hotel Booking system
- c) Human Resource Management System
- RESEARCH PROJECTS, PUBLICATION (IF ANY)
Manashi De “Some Studies on Profit Analysis in Location Management for Personal Communication Service Network.”[Research paper accepted in International Conference on Computational Science and Engineering(ICCSE,2016) and published in Computational Science and Engineering – Deyasi et al. (Eds)© 2017 Taylor & Francis Group, ISBN 978-1-138-02983-5,287-290]
2) Sovonesh Pal– An evolutionary analysis of increasing the efficiency of a multistage interconnection network
ACHIEVEMENTS (IF ANY)—
- a) Highly sophisticated state-of –the art infrastructure with over 350 computers and dedicated 24×7 internet connectivity.
- b) Conducting on line examinations for Campus Interview and other Professional Examinations
- c) Dedicated AUTOCAD and Hardware Networking Laboratory for the benefit of students of Kingston Polytechnic College
- OVERVIEW MENTIONING DURATION AND INTAKE-
a)The CST course is of 3 years duration covering 6 semesters as per the guidelines of West Bengal State Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development.
- b) The present intake capacity of CST department is :-60 per year
- FUTURE SCOPE OF STUDY IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Booming IT sector in India has plenty of jobs for fresh computer science graduates. Candidates from top engineering Universities and colleges Like JK Lakshmipat University get attractive job offers from MNC IT companies. A person having B.Tech in computer science & engineering or information technology can start his career as IT engineer. Career in IT is considered one of the most high-paying jobs and is full of opportunities; particularly when India’s prowess in information technology industry is recognized across the globe. Besides the Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance,etc.
When & How should start?
Engineering is the most hunted after class of 12th in india. Any student from 12th standard with mathematics is eligible to take admission in engineering. Diploma candidate can also take admission in B.Tech 2nd year as lateral entry. However, there is a rigorous selection procedure at place for computer engineers wherein admission to the B.E/ B.Tech courses is extremely competitive in most of the best universities in India. Students who are passionate about technology and machines can become an engineer by cracking one of the engineering entrance exams. The some significant engineering entrance exam in india are AIEEE, IIT-JEE, UPTU, RTU, JKLU-EET etc. Students may also go for M.E/ M. Tech in Computer Science for further specialization .
Designation in company:Software Developers, Hardware Engineers, System Designer, System Analyst, Networking Engineers, DBA, Software Testing, Security analyst etc.
Toshiba Corporation, Tech Mahindra, Apple Inc, Lenovo Group Limited, HCL, Wipro, CMC, CMS, L&T, TechMahindra etc.